Proactive Support Now Default Option on E980 and E950
IBM’s Proactive Support is now included by default for all mid-range and enterprise POWER9 Systems.
By Rob McNelly10/01/2019
Under Proactive Support, customers are assigned an IBM account manager. Through frequent contact, including regularly scheduled calls, a strong working relationship develops. For IBM, the collaboration provides knowledge of the individual environment, making it possible to respond more quickly when a ticket is opened or when new vulnerabilities arise that require action.
Having worked with teams that have benefited from this type of enhanced relationship with IBM Support, I recommend you look into this offering.
This is from the Aug. 9 announcement letter:
“Clients have found significant value in IBM's Proactive Support offerings on mission-critical systems, as this provides personalized support, proactive recommendations, and accelerated response times versus standard support. As a result, IBM is including the IBM Proactive Support in the default configuration for all Mid-Range and Enterprise IBM POWER9 Systems - for IBM AIX, IBM i, Linux, and SAP HANA workloads. Other configurations are also available.”
I saw a slide deck that highlights these points:
"IBM Proactive Support can streamline management, reduce costs and increase availability. This solution is designed to:
- Provide a single source of customized support for hardware and software from multiple vendors, helping you improve the return on your IT investment.
- Balance high availability with improved affordability to help maintain converged, virtualized and cloud-based IT environments.
- Increase your IT staff’s productivity and free it to focus on more strategic initiatives.
- Supply an optimized support model with global delivery through worldwide IBM technical centers.
- Shorten the response time to failures and avoid a major impact on revenue, cost, customer satisfaction, reputation and more."
Rob McNelly is a senior AIX solutions architect doing pre-sales and post-sales support for IBM Premier Business Partner Meridian IT Inc. More →
Post a Comment
Note: Comments are moderated and will not appear until approvedcomments powered by Disqus